Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayfaring_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel

I went for an up-front dry kind of mix with the vocal having lots of presence and focus. I hope you like it. Comments/questions/critiques welcomed.

Tom

.mp3    Wayfaring Stranger_4_Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 11.75 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
I think I'm hearing a bit of over-limiting of the mix buss which I'm hearing in the very low end and the very top end. As a result I think it ends up a bit mid-rangy.
I would also suggest listening to the placement of other instruments in the bleed betwen tracks. It can help in finding a good stereo/stage spread for the players.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(29-02-2016, 02:17 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I think I'm hearing a bit of over-limiting of the mix buss which I'm hearing in the very low end and the very top end. As a result I think it ends up a bit mid-rangy.
I would also suggest listening to the placement of other instruments in the bleed betwen tracks. It can help in finding a good stereo/stage spread for the players.

----------------------
Thanks for your input. Yeah, listening again I can hear the "straining" going on in there with a bit too much processing. The vocal also sounds weird to me....kinda thin sounding....just not fitting in there just right. As far as the placement, I like to do my own thing with placement so you can't convince me to change that. :-)

Later....peace

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek