Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The English Actor
Another fun track to mix, really enjoyed the arrangement with this one. Thought I was going great guns until I read Mikes Mix Rescue Article for this multi and now I'm not so sure.Confused I have retained the original drum tracks (didn't think they sounded too bad) and really didn't seem to have to do too much corrective work throughout. Spent most of my efforts dealing with the vocal tracks and managing the overall dynamic flow through the song. There are still pitching issues with the chorus vox that remain. I don't have the tools and for that matter the confidence to make the corrections needed.

Dave.

.mp3    The English Actor Dangerous Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

Love that cool verb would like to hear the toms thump a bit more with more low end and louder
Good balance but overall maybe a little thin sounding .good work
(31-01-2016, 02:34 PM)takka360 Wrote: Love that cool verb would like to hear the toms thump a bit more with more low end and louder
Good balance but overall maybe a little thin sounding .good work

Thanks Alan, It could definitely do with some more thump through out.

Cheers.
Version II
Have added some extra THUMP with eq and some extra smack and energy with some upwards compression. I have also made a poor mans attempt at pitch correction with ReaTune but is still far from perfect.
Dave.

.mp3    The English Actor_Added Weight #2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

Nice sounding mix#1 for my tasteBig Grin I liked vocals, it's quite romantic.
Maybe sometimes it's necessary to reduce the delay level, but tastes differ.
(17-09-2016, 05:52 PM)Konek Wrote: Nice sounding mix#1 for my tasteBig Grin I liked vocals, it's quite romantic.
Maybe sometimes it's necessary to reduce the delay level, but tastes differ.

Yeah the delay is a bit full on, I'm only hearing it now after having a rest for the mix for a while. I would also love to have a better attempt at fixing the tuning issues. Great songBig Grin