Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
James May - "Hold On You" | DWM Mix & Master
Hey guys,

This was a fun little track. I really wish it had some more things in it to make it really to that next level. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    Hold On You.mp3 --  (Download: 6.26 MB)

.mp3    Hold On You 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.26 MB)

I think you've got the overall sound right, though - to my ears - the reverb on the vox is a tad high. Like the way you blend the slide guitar. Nice job! The bass could use some more air, or less of that low end.

(26-01-2016, 12:57 AM)davidwmontgomery Wrote: Hey guys,

This was a fun little track. I really wish it had some more things in it to make it really to that next level. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your feedback! I Immediately realized the low end problem after listening to some other folks version of this and coming back to mine. Low end is still something Im working on and not having a sub doesn't help. I made some edits, removed some of the vocal verb, lowered the back kick mic which was adding a lot of boom, then lowered some low end out of the bass and added some 3-4K for that finger attack then raised the Bass in the mix overall. I think its pretty good now.

I loved the slide guitar on this track, reminded me of some early Journey. I added some plate and spring verb to it and added some nice wide delay to really make it stand out, and when the vocal was in, I added a SC Comp to it to lower it in the mix to make way for the vocal.