Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C U Next Time (revised)
**REVISION**11:18pm - I mixed the track down a bit louder. now it should compete a bit better with the others!

so, this is not the "loudest" mix of the song i've heard on here (methinks i went a little skimpy with the mastering limiter), but it's probably the cleanest and most intelligible out of the ones i've heard. someone said something about polishing turds, and i think i may have found the way to do that with this track and still keep it clear and powerful. TongueTongueTongue

again, i'd like to let you guys know that my home rig is very minimal:

Platform: Ubuntu Studio (Linux) on Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.4GHz 13" (Mid-2010) with 2GB ram
DAW: Ardour 3
Monitoring: Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Closed Back Headphones

DRUMS: eq's on the OH, Room, natural kick, and bus. limiter on kick. 2.1:1 comp taking off about 3-4 db and a tiny bit of verb on the bus. very simple.

Bass: eq, tube simulator, chorus, limiter

sub drop: no processing

guitars: rhythms just got some eq, lead got some eq, a bit of comp, and a little verb, all sent to the same bus, where they were compressed a bit

lead vox: main vocal and second main just got some eq, the main bridge and callback parts got some eq, chorus, and an automated delay at the bridge. all sent to a bus with some compression and a bit of verb

backups: girl's backs just got some eq, dude's backs got some eq and verb, and the chants got eq, comp, and verb

strings: slight eq boosts at a couple spots at 1-16 to bring em out a bit

master bus: parametric eq (all others were 10 band slider eq's), -2db comp at 2.5:1, a bit of tape simulator for flavor, then i think the most it got limited was no more than -3db at the very end of the chain.

i hope you guys dig it, and find this helpful! again, i'm self taught through at-home practice, so i'm not savvy with some of the terminology. thanks for listening!

-Pvo

.mp3    Remember December - C U NextTime_r1_session_2016-01-24.mp3 --  (Download: 4.93 MB)

.mp3    Remember December - C U NextTime_r2_session_2016-01-24.mp3 --  (Download: 4.95 MB)