Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our Love Is Here To Stay - Lm425 mix
Hi there, my mix and master of this lovey track! Really keen on getting any sort of feedback you have!

.m4a    Our Love is here to stay.m4a --  (Download: 10.89 MB)

Pretty decent version, at least on my little PC speakers. Sounds like there's an automatic pitch-corrector on the lead vocal, though, because there's some odd wobulation going on on some of her notes (including the opening one). The vocal shouldn't need any tuning in this number, in my opinion -- any tuning I thought it needed I've already done. Are the backbeat seems a little too prominent? It distracts a bit from the vocal for me. And the sax seems like it's a bit of a let-down in terms of spaciousness and warmth in general. Fundamentally it's replacing the vocal in the arrangement when it arrives, so can afford to take most of that space for itself -- at least until the end section where both are going at once.
Hi Mike, great to hear from you thanks for your feedback - Thats very weird I didn't use any sort of pitch correction at all on the vocal. Agree about the sax and drums could be a little less prominent (as a drummer i tend to overdo it!).

Cheers
(21-01-2016, 10:31 AM)lm425 Wrote: Hi Mike, great to hear from you thanks for your feedback - Thats very weird I didn't use any sort of pitch correction at all on the vocal.

Hmm. Then maybe it's just that your processing is bringing out the artefacts of my own! Smile I'll get me coat...

Really nice tones and ambience going on. I can only suggest dropping the rhythm section back a bit just to place them behind the singer and sax as the song is pretty much about these solo performances. Well Done.

Dave.