Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
ACTIONS! One Minute Smile (Shul) feedback?

Love this band and love this song even though they are not together anymore.

I hope you enjoy my mix.
Let me know what you find wrong with it.
Feedback is always good to hear.

.mp3    OneMinuteSmile-Actions-ShulMix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.22 MB)

Guitars sound great - maybe snare could be abit brighter but just my taste
Hello Shul! This is for sure a good mix! Some things I think you can make better here:
a) The ess on the lead vocals. I had the same problem and I struggled a lot in order to fix it. I don't know if you have used some de-ess but I suggest to make some volume automation too in order to
clean it up.
b) On the choruses I miss the guitars. That makes the song lack energy. Some good volume automation again between the rythm guitars and lead guitars will work great!
thanks for the feedback guys I'll check it out will give it another go sometime later
(13-02-2016, 12:17 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hello Shul! This is for sure a good mix! Some things I think you can make better here:
a) The ess on the lead vocals. I had the same problem and I struggled a lot in order to fix it. I don't know if you have used some de-ess but I suggest to make some volume automation too in order to
clean it up.
b) On the choruses I miss the guitars. That makes the song lack energy. Some good volume automation again between the rythm guitars and lead guitars will work great!

I did use DeEsser but I was struggling with it because the essing is too aggressive in the recording. I will use a different DeEsser next time to see how it turns out. I was not satisfied with it but left it like that. I figured it's just a lil bit but now that I listen to it again it is very present.

On the choruses you are right.. I too felt they needed to be more up front. But that guitar sounds messy :/ so I didn't want that messiness to ruin everything. I could work on some Eqing better and automation to make them stand out without compromising the mix.

It's gonna have to be later though cause I'm working on a Different song right now and want to keep trying new ones. Smile
Good luck with your new song Smile
Awesome! I love the way you have fitted all instruments in - I can hear everything individually, and the way you have fitted the singer's voice into the mix.
(16-02-2016, 11:40 AM)Dr.Gerry Wrote: Awesome! I love the way you have fitted all instruments in - I can hear everything individually, and the way you have fitted the singer's voice into the mix.

hey thanks for the feedback all mixed up in the future and see if I can get a better sound I'm not 100% satisfied with it but I'm glad you like itSmile
This is good, period.
OEEE!! tight drum sound, I like it!! Maybe the vocals are a bit loud?
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer