Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tip Toe_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Love these Telefunken projects because they present such a challenge. My attempt, as always, is to make them sound more like "in studio" isolated and traditional tracking. Of course, they are not; as you all know, they are all done live in a room and the mic bleed is intense to say the least. Anyway, I wanted to make this a punchy and dryer type mix more closely resembling a regular studio recording. I hope I achieved that. Comments are always welcomed. Thanks.

UPDATE:

Mix #7 you hear here is my 7th attempt at getting this mix to sound the way I wanted. I am pretty darn happy with it now....put a LOT of time into this one. To all of you who replied to my other post with earlier versions (that I deleted), I will try to address those comments. First, let me thank all of you who did leave comments and recommendations, I took them all to heart and it motivated me to continue working on this song. Thanks!!!! Big Grin

To thedon: Yeah, I used a number of techniques to achieve a dryer (or more studio) sound, including but not limited to: gating, not using certain tracks, MANUAL EDITING OUT THE WAZOO.....LOL.....and making use of transient attack plugs, short reverbs, and more to get this mix.

.mp3    TipToe_7_Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 10.9 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek