Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tip Toe Through the Crypto
Did this in about an hour and a half- 2 hours. I think I might want to thicken her voice up just a little bit more, I carved some fairly heavy low mids out, maybe too much. I think I like it overall, but there can always be improvements.

You guys likey?

Draper

.mp3    TipToe Through the Crypto.mp3 --  (Download: 10.88 MB)

From memory, I carved a lot from this area with the vocals as well. It maybe a little bit overdone but certainly not by a lot. There does seem to be some distortion coming through on some of the sustained notes though, not sure what is causing it? I am also hearing some low mid stuff within the drums (toms and kick) that could do with taming down, peaking around the 80-130hz. I found a -3dB cut in this area was about right. That's it with the criticism, otherwise great balance, instro placement and live ambient sound.

Dave.
Thanks so much dave. Yeah the drums have a bit of a thud on them, don't they? Thanks on the listen and the thoughts and kind words!

Draper
I like that snare man! Smile

her voice does sound a bit thin like you say but it still sounds good in the mix.

keep it up!
Thanks Shul!
There is great tonal balance, accurated and soft. Transparent mix and concert energy, good combination.
It seems to me that bass resonates with tomsHuh
Well done!