Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Love Is Here To Stay
Hi Everyone! This is my mix of Spektakulatius. Please let me know what you think about this mix.

.mp3    OurLoveIsHereToStay.mp3 --  (Download: 10.8 MB)

I feel that the snare hissing is a little too bright or separate. Did you add reverb to it, or something.. Othewise nice mix to my ears
(01-06-2015, 04:53 PM)Olli H Wrote: I feel that the snare hissing is a little too bright or separate. Did you add reverb to it, or something.. Othewise nice mix to my ears

You're right, I hurried. I just used only overheads track and used a little reverb. I'll try to fix it tomorrow.
The second version

.mp3    OurLoveIsHereToStay2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.8 MB)

Much better now!
I like the vocals, they sit very well and the tone is wonderful. Kick is a little too impactful for my taste. Bass is nice. I like the position you found for the guitar. The piano has a nice tone but I feel it could really benefit from removing a little bit of the center information so it doesn't overlap with the vocals. Since the snare is almost all of the high frequency information, it is a tad distracting having it slightly to the left. I like the tone of the sax but I think it could really benefit from being in the center position during the first solo when she is not singing.. being off to the left and inconspicuous kind of makes it take a backseat. Just a taste thing though. I enjoyed listening.
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
This is my new version... comment please.....Confused

.mp3    OurLoveIsHereToStay.mp3 --  (Download: 10.73 MB)

sounds great to me - only comment is that maybe the bass could have abit more high end to bring out the lovely pluck sound double bass has might add some more interest - nice warm mix! check mine out if you get the chance, cheers