Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Come Around" by Me
hi, please hear my mix and let me know your comments. BTW, this is my first mix and i used Ardour/Calf/JAMIN

Known issues:
1. i am an indian classic/menody listner so not sure how this gonna sound to others..
2. i am note sure about the tempo.. the Ardour DAW shows 76BPM and the final one plays a bit faster than the stem tracks.
3. Also not sure about any issues with the export as i am doing this for the first time

So looking forward to hear from you,

Regards,
abhayadev s
missed the attachment Wink

.mp3    MixingTrials-01_r2_Session_2013-04-11_23.29.mp3 --  (Download: 3.7 MB)

11 views but not even a single comment... Sad
My dear sometimes is very hard post a comment..I personally would not want to do that to avoid the risk of making mistakes judgment.
In my opinion there are many things to be reviewed .. The sound and 'very small and tight .. Frequency management is not 'very appropriate .. However, it remains my opinion and if you want to discuss it in private. Smile
sure.... i always welcome reviews...

BTW, i am working on a new version of the same...
Hi abhayadevs, and welcome to the Discussion Zone,

(12-04-2013, 10:51 AM)abhayadevs Wrote: 11 views but not even a single comment... Sad

Already 4 posts and no feedback on anyone else's mix. You get what you give. Smile

For more information about the spirit of this Discussion Zone have a look at The Three Commandments.

Hi Abhayadev

One problem I can hear straight up is that it sounds like you have imported the 44.1kHz files into a 48kHz session or bounced the file as 48kHz. The song plays faster and is raised in pitch compared to the multitrack files themselves.
If you can change the session back to 44.1 and/or re-bounce the mix at 44.1 we'll be able to give you feedback on the track as it should sound!

Dags

[edit: actually, that would affect the tempo but shouldn't affect the pitch so I'm not really sure what you've done. It actually sounds like the stereo file has been sampled and played back by pressing a higher key on the trigger keyboard]

[edited again - I was right the first time. Apparently it will also affect the pitch. So check that you are exporting the file at 44.1kHz in the preferences as you're rendering to mp3]
So many songs, so little time!
sure.. let me re do it and post it...

@Mke Senior: I am just a starter and i don't think at this point i should be doing the reviews... Wink
(17-04-2013, 03:15 AM)abhayadevs Wrote: @Mke Senior: I am just a starter and i don't think at this point i should be doing the reviews...

On the contrary -- you may well have a fresh and perhaps less technical view on people's mixes that more seasoned engineers might miss. My wife, who's not really a musician, often gives me the most valuable feedback. (On my mixes too... Smile)

(17-04-2013, 07:29 AM)Mike Senior Wrote: On the contrary -- you may well have a fresh and perhaps less technical view on people's mixes that more seasoned engineers might miss. My wife, who's not really a musician, often gives me the most valuable feedback. (On my mixes too... Smile)

yeah.. that's true.. let me try something...