Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Raghav Mix :) Update V6 .. finally
Dude, absolutely beautiful mix! The frequency and volume balance is so good. Well done.
Only thing I'm picking up is that the snare is just a tad too short. I miss a bit of room "directly behind" it. I can hear you have reverb on it, but it might be too wide.

Other than that I love it. Smile
All comments made my me on this forum are purely subjective on my part. You're allowed to disagree with me, I certainly do not know all.
That said, we're all here to help each other, so happy mixing! :D

www.siverthenriksen.no/en
(17-01-2016, 10:04 AM)raghav330 Wrote:
(17-01-2016, 05:38 AM)mick2015 Wrote: Hi Raghav, V3 is definitely an improvement, much better. The hi-hat is still a bit high in the mix for my taste, my preference would be to reduce the level slightly. You could also try reducing 3khz in the OH by 1db, that might help it sit a bit more comfortably. Great job!

Sure.. thanx... V4 update coming soon Smile

do you think the toms are sitting right in the mix?

Latest mix is really good, Raghav. Some clear improvements made, great work. The toms sound fine to me. There is a bit too much bottom mic on the snare for my taste and the gate seems to be cutting off the end a bit, but this is quite minor in context.
(01-02-2016, 01:19 PM)sivert_h Wrote: Dude, absolutely beautiful mix! The frequency and volume balance is so good. Well done.
Only thing I'm picking up is that the snare is just a tad too short. I miss a bit of room "directly behind" it. I can hear you have reverb on it, but it might be too wide.

Other than that I love it. Smile

Thanx a lot Sivert... You maybe right about the snare... Sounded good to me at that moment.. Thanx for the feedback Smile
[/quote]

Latest mix is really good, Raghav. Some clear improvements made, great work. The toms sound fine to me. There is a bit too much bottom mic on the snare for my taste and the gate seems to be cutting off the end a bit, but this is quite minor in context.

[/quote]

Now listening to it after 2 weeks the snare does sound a bit out of context.. lol.. Thanks for the help MICK Smile