Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeden Winter — My mix..
Heyy everyone,
This is my mix of the Jeden Winter song..
Pretty much satisfied with this mix, I am..
Suggestions, feedback, and perspectives welcome..

.mp3    Jeden_Winter.mp3 --  (Download: 7.07 MB)

A start, before I can stop..
Second Mix..
Realized that the piano was a little too narrow after referencing my mix with other commercial tracks, so spread it, and made some minor changes here and there.
Take a listen..
Thanks for your time folks..

.mp3    Jeden_Winter_II.mp3 --  (Download: 6.97 MB)

I think the spreading effect you've used sounds bit odd like theres not enough in the middle and doesn't sound very natural to me especially on headphones, maybe subtle reverb or delay might get you the wideness your after? Did you compress the piano as well? sounds kinda squashed imo. Also for me the vocal sounds a bit muddy could use slightly less low frequencies - bass and drums sound nice to me! Check mine out if you get the time, cheers
About the piano wiening, it does sound a li'l unnatural, donno I used a plugin to do that, I'll try to better that. I was a bit proud of my vocal sound you know, but I'll do a double check on that to.. LOL
But thanks for the listen, and the feedback mate, always good to have someone else's perspective. That's what the forum is for.
I'll take a listen to your mix too.
Cheers.. Big Grin
(13-01-2016, 04:39 PM)meetsai Wrote: Second Mix..
Realized that the piano was a little too narrow after referencing my mix with other commercial tracks, so spread it, and made some minor changes here and there.
Take a listen..
Thanks for your time folks..

------------
I really like the mix. I also have an idea. The piano, when it's playing by itself, does sound too spread, but when the rest of the music is in there it actually works. So, you can reduce the effect during those sections in which the band is not playing or quieter, etc., and I think that might work out nicely. The mix sounds very smooth and relaxing.....great job!!

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek