Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Jeden Winter -lm425 mix
Mix and master of this lovely track! new here so any comments greatly appreciated, here to learn (revised since first attempt)

.m4a    Jeden Winter.m4a --  (Download: 8.75 MB)

For me the bass has some nasty frequency's that need cutting I have also in my mix and the sax is too loud when it comes in and sound very compressed and bringing up a lot of rubbish with it and also too much reverb and at 2.50 the volume all goes up and it all starts getting a bit over powering .Hope this helps.
amazing feedback your totally right about everything thanks so much. Id appreciate your comments on my second itteration taking on board what you said, not really sure why i compressed the sax looking back it sounds so bad!

.m4a    Jeden Winter.m4a --  (Download: 8.75 MB)

Like the piano sound, warm, and intimate. Just that the vocals may do away with some of the esses, maybe inserting a de-esser before the reverb may work. Also the reverb tail for the hi-hats are a bit lengthy IMO.
A start, before I can stop..
agree did some dessing sounds much better!
(15-01-2016, 11:33 AM)lm425 Wrote: amazing feedback your totally right about everything thanks so much. Id appreciate your comments on my second itteration taking on board what you said, not really sure why i compressed the sax looking back it sounds so bad!

-------------

Excellent....sounds great! You had commented on my mix and asked me to listen to yours. As you mentioned, the vocal in mine has got more low end in it. I was going for a very warm sound, which seemed to fit the mood. However, your idea of cutting more in the 300-400 range makes your vocal sit in there really nice. Also very crisp and clear drums, cymbals, etc. Really enjoyed your mix!!!

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Nice mix. Not much to complain.

My only critic would be about drums and space. Piano and vox introduce us a smooth natural space.
But drums are in different space than piano and vox. Snare is overly bright. At the same time it’s far in space, it’s overly bright as if’s very near. It’s played smoothly, but still it’s quite loud. So there’s some sort of contradictions there. For that reason the end result feels a bit processed.
thanks for your feedback - i do completely agree with you about the contradiction and can see where your coming from but personally I enjoy nice bright sounding drums and for me i don't think its too over the top but its all a matter of taste
Thumbs up..

A start, before I can stop..