Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timo Carlier - The Road Ahead
Hi!

Here goes my take - my first attempt on this song. What a hard mix! Noisy tracks, ressonances and lack of timing. I get rid of the kick track. I'm working on this song yet. I'm learning how to work with Sonar - as soon as i correct kick and tambourine timings, i'll post an improved take.

.mp3    Timo Carlier - The Road Ahead.mp3 --  (Download: 9.96 MB)

OK, here goes my "definitive" version. It's a vastly improved mix!

I've included the kick track and did time adjustments to kick/tambourine/bongo tracks. There are some minor improvements all around.

I do consider this simple song a real challenge, i've learned a lot doing this mix.

.mp3    Timo Carlier - The Road Ahead_2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.96 MB)

Nice full mix!
One of the things Mike and I discussed was the scratchy string sounds in the second half (ongoing rhythm guitar riff). I think he did something there with the attack of each strum to make it less in-your-face. I like what you've done with the vocals in the outro, but it sounds suddenly like a different mix. Nice work, and thanks! Timo
Thanks, Timo!

I'm very happy to know you liked my work!
Just want to share my humble opinion, i like very much the way it sounds on my speakers, beautiful color and balance. Your mix really keeps me interested to the song all the way through. Listened to other users mixes times ago, but i think i missed yours. You got a new fan now!

Also didn't know Timo was a member of the forum - liked your song's vibe much Timo! -, and this makes me feel it's time for me to come back to my rough (and not good) work on this song and dedicate the time it deserves, hoping to learn more and get better results (and eventually post it in the future to have some feedback)

Marco
Hey, marco!

Thank you so much! Kind words!
(04-10-2014, 03:33 PM)marco Wrote: - liked your song's vibe much Timo! -, and this makes me feel it's time for me to come back to my rough (and not good) work on this song and dedicate the time it deserves, hoping to learn more and get better results (and eventually post it in the future to have some feedback)

Marco

Thanks, Marco! Look forward to hearing the results Smile

Timo