Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pony
Yeah lots of fixing and bargaining for an overall compromised mix.

I edited everything and replace the drms with the exception of the OH

Automation........................

I used Drumagog and used sample comparable to the what was heard in the OH mics and then blended the samples with the original signal.

I dont think this mix is great by any stretch of the imagination but it is as good as I could make it.

The poor timing, playing, composing, tracking, micing, over compressed vox and everything in between makes for a mixing challenge.

.mp3    Pony.mp3 --  (Download: 9.28 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(08-01-2016, 05:19 PM)wesleyamltd Wrote: Yeah lots of fixing and bargaining for an overall compromised mix.

I edited everything and replace the drms with the exception of the OH

Automation........................

I used Drumagog and used sample comparable to the what was heard in the OH mics and then blended the samples with the original signal.

I dont think this mix is great by any stretch of the imagination but it is as good as I could make it.

The poor timing, playing, composing, tracking, micing, over compressed vox and everything in between makes for a mixing challenge.

I think I did a terrible job meh!

My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Did you replace the kick, snare and toms then? I think you have a workable mix started. Maybe just play it against some other reference tracks and keep at it. You have a good mix on the guitars and the drum samples sound good.
(01-06-2016, 05:02 AM)devilbrand Wrote: Did you replace the kick, snare and toms then? I think you have a workable mix started. Maybe just play it against some other reference tracks and keep at it. You have a good mix on the guitars and the drum samples sound good.

Thanks. I will keep at it. Reference tracks are hit or miss with me, but good when they work. I don't remember what I did with this mix but I did save the session if I wanted to go back to it, but I think my time will be better served taking the lessons learned from it and applying it to new material. Cheers.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1