Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tip Toe Mix
Hey Cassandra,

Your vox sound nice and big in this, could be a little too hot for this mix, but it's hard to tell because your drums sound totally out of phase, at least your overheads I think. The snare almost sounds like a trigger. Your toms sound much nicer. I'd like to feel a little bit more of the bass guitar, if you know what I mean. I can hear it, but it feels like it's lacking a little bit of power.

I like the vocal effect you have on the male background, but I think you could drop the levels a little bit.

Overall, I do think the drums need an overhaul, and make sure you have the proper panning of your stage image, and proper phasing. It is a possibility that you have your overheads panned 180 degrees opposite of the room mics, or the chamber mics, or any permutation of those three stereo files (by stereo file, i mean their final stereo bus outputs of the summed mono files with corresponding panning counting as one stereo file [ie the kick, snare, overheads, high hat, and toms being summed into the stereo buss would be one "stereo file"]).

This is just what I hear, again sorry if this sounds overly critical, I think with the drum issue sussed out, you'd have a killer mix. (maybe the guitars are a little heavy in the midrange, heh).

Happy Mixing!

Draper

Messages In This Thread
Tip Toe Mix - by Cassandra - 05-01-2016, 12:22 PM
RE: Tip Toe Mix - by Mixinthecloud - 07-01-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: Tip Toe Mix - by Cassandra - 07-01-2016, 08:02 PM
RE: Tip Toe Mix - by Cassandra - 08-01-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Tip Toe Mix - by loweche6 - 18-01-2016, 04:10 AM
RE: Tip Toe Mix - by Cassandra - 24-01-2016, 12:29 PM