Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tip Toe Mix
Enjoy and feel free to comment

/C

TipToeRemix is the latest.

.mp3    TipToe.mp3 --  (Download: 10.9 MB)

.mp3    TipToeVer2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.92 MB)

.mp3    TipToeRemix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.87 MB)

C,
Very nice. I'm not sold on the dryness and separation of the horns. They seem very out of place in the mix. What was you thinking on the horns?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(07-01-2016, 04:25 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: C,
Very nice. I'm not sold on the dryness and separation of the horns. They seem very out of place in the mix. What was you thinking on the horns?

Haha, that's a fair question :-) I tried them on the same side and on the other side and it felt unbalanced to me. Even if I know they probably would be side by side on a stage. To me the whole picture just felt better that way, but I have total understanding for your question.
Before I uploaded I played it for a long time musician who plays in a band with similar style and he had no objection. If he would tell me to change I'd probably do it. But I'm happy to hear you liked it to some degree :-)

Thanks for listening.

Added a mix without separation of the horns. :-)

/C
Hey Cassandra,

Your vox sound nice and big in this, could be a little too hot for this mix, but it's hard to tell because your drums sound totally out of phase, at least your overheads I think. The snare almost sounds like a trigger. Your toms sound much nicer. I'd like to feel a little bit more of the bass guitar, if you know what I mean. I can hear it, but it feels like it's lacking a little bit of power.

I like the vocal effect you have on the male background, but I think you could drop the levels a little bit.

Overall, I do think the drums need an overhaul, and make sure you have the proper panning of your stage image, and proper phasing. It is a possibility that you have your overheads panned 180 degrees opposite of the room mics, or the chamber mics, or any permutation of those three stereo files (by stereo file, i mean their final stereo bus outputs of the summed mono files with corresponding panning counting as one stereo file [ie the kick, snare, overheads, high hat, and toms being summed into the stereo buss would be one "stereo file"]).

This is just what I hear, again sorry if this sounds overly critical, I think with the drum issue sussed out, you'd have a killer mix. (maybe the guitars are a little heavy in the midrange, heh).

Happy Mixing!

Draper

(18-01-2016, 04:10 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Hey Cassandra,

Your vox sound nice and big in this, could be a little too hot for this mix, but it's hard to tell because your drums sound totally out of phase, at least your overheads I think. The snare almost sounds like a trigger. Your toms sound much nicer. I'd like to feel a little bit more of the bass guitar, if you know what I mean. I can hear it, but it feels like it's lacking a little bit of power.

I like the vocal effect you have on the male background, but I think you could drop the levels a little bit.

Overall, I do think the drums need an overhaul, and make sure you have the proper panning of your stage image, and proper phasing. It is a possibility that you have your overheads panned 180 degrees opposite of the room mics, or the chamber mics, or any permutation of those three stereo files (by stereo file, i mean their final stereo bus outputs of the summed mono files with corresponding panning counting as one stereo file [ie the kick, snare, overheads, high hat, and toms being summed into the stereo buss would be one "stereo file"]).

This is just what I hear, again sorry if this sounds overly critical, I think with the drum issue sussed out, you'd have a killer mix. (maybe the guitars are a little heavy in the midrange, heh).

Yeah the snare is little sharp :-)
Made a remix today for fun.

/C