Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix Tip Toe Through The Crypto
Im new in this site and this is my first upload, thankyou for comment.

.mp3    Tip Toe Through The Crypto.mp3 --  (Download: 8.88 MB)

(31-12-2015, 01:53 AM)Francisco Martinez Wrote: Im new in this site and this is my first upload, thankyou for comment.

Hi, welcome to this community. I am new here myself and have managed to work on about 10 selections. I find the information you find here to be really helpful.

I suggest reading the "About This Multitrack" notes from Mike Senior included with some of the selections, it contains good pointers and observations before diving in.

I also suggest listening to the other member postings and getting a feel of the comments made about other mixes as that can help you with your process.

With that, I will comment that it sounds like you are using hard limiting (mastering plugin?) on the mix. I would suggest splitting the mix and maximization process into 2 separate processes. This section is a good reference: http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(31-12-2015, 05:10 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(31-12-2015, 01:53 AM)Francisco Martinez Wrote: Im new in this site and this is my first upload, thankyou for comment.

Hi, welcome to this community. I am new here myself and have managed to work on about 10 selections. I find the information you find here to be really helpful.

I suggest reading the "About This Multitrack" notes from Mike Senior included with some of the selections, it contains good pointers and observations before diving in.

I also suggest listening to the other member postings and getting a feel of the comments made about other mixes as that can help you with your process.

With that, I will comment that it sounds like you are using hard limiting (mastering plugin?) on the mix. I would suggest splitting the mix and maximization process into 2 separate processes. This section is a good reference: http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

thanks for all and yes im using a maximization process sorry for that, here is the mix without maximization.

.mp3    Tip Toe Through The Crypto MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 9 MB)

(31-12-2015, 08:11 AM)Francisco Martinez Wrote:

thanks for all and yes im using a maximization process sorry for that, here is the mix without maximization.

Lower your snare just a bit, and just a tiny bit lower compression on that snare also. a (very) small bit of reverb (and even smaller) short delay on the lead vox and see how you like it Smile
(31-12-2015, 08:47 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:

Lower your snare just a bit, and just a tiny bit lower compression on that snare also. a (very) small bit of reverb (and even smaller) short delay on the lead vox and see how you like it Smile

Im a snare addictBig Grin, here is the little changes; thankyou and happy new year Digitaldruglord.

.mp3    Tip Toe Through The Crypto.mp3 --  (Download: 8.9 MB)

(01-01-2016, 04:30 AM)Francisco Martinez Wrote:
(31-12-2015, 08:47 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:

Im a snare addictBig Grin, here is the little changes; thankyou and happy new year Digitaldruglord.

Sounds great!

thank you
If you post "unmastered" mixes I recommend to normalize, maybe use a limiter anyway.
This will help listeners, to be honest who likes to pull monitoring volume 30dB up?
Personally I don't think there was anything wrong with the limiter in the 1st mix, I didn't hear any "destruction".

Also the snare was not even loud in the first place, just needs different EQ IMO.
As do the vocals, sounding rather muffled; consider how much brighter are the cymbals which makes the balance weird.
Brighten up snare and vocals, maybe cut a bit of the body of the snare so it lets thru other stuff but still use med/high frequecies to make a good impact.
Try also a little cut in the 300-350 area for vocals, cleans up a bit of mud and can give overall clarity.

PS: actually the mix is quite good to start with. Just those few corrections would make it really good IMO
(04-01-2016, 10:36 PM)pmilani Wrote: If you post "unmastered" mixes I recommend to normalize, maybe use a limiter anyway.
This will help listeners, to be honest who likes to pull monitoring volume 30dB up?
Personally I don't think there was anything wrong with the limiter in the 1st mix, I didn't hear any "destruction".

Also the snare was not even loud in the first place, just needs different EQ IMO.
As do the vocals, sounding rather muffled; consider how much brighter are the cymbals which makes the balance weird.
Brighten up snare and vocals, maybe cut a bit of the body of the snare so it lets thru other stuff but still use med/high frequecies to make a good impact.
Try also a little cut in the 300-350 area for vocals, cleans up a bit of mud and can give overall clarity.

PS: actually the mix is quite good to start with. Just those few corrections would make it really good IMO

Thankyou for comment pmilani, I think the same about the maximization process to help listeners (to my next mix i will upload both) and i will try your recommendation for the eq.