Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pablo Martian
This was a challenge because of so many voicings and trying to balance all of the masking frequencies.

The most challenging mix on this site yet. (for me at least)

Problems with the content of Pablos Mix:

His bass guitar was clipping and one of the ostennato guitars was picked hard and so the artifacts from these two instruments were hard to contain.

Also beaware that most of the his fades were cut relatively short, in doings so the natural decay on some of the guitars are missing. Mainly the rhygtrs.

The Drum snares are the same so its pointless using more than one because of phasing issues.

Also the drum rooms make for a convoluted drum mix if you don't pan the drums the same way as the drum room or ambient clips. I avoided using them.

Overall I have to commend Pablo for his ambitious metal opus, great job!

I like the feel and the tones and all of the voicings, very well chosen.

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Pablo Martian-Dk_01-01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(29-12-2015, 06:46 PM)wesleyamltd Wrote: This was a challenge because of so many voicings and trying to balance all of the masking frequencies.

The most challenging mix on this site yet. (for me at least)

Problems with the content of Pablos Mix:

His bass guitar was clipping and one of the ostennato guitars was picked hard and so the artifacts from these two instruments were hard to contain.

Also beaware that most of the his fades were cut relatively short, in doings so the natural decay on some of the guitars are missing. Mainly the rhygtrs.

The Drum snares are the same so its pointless using more than one because of phasing issues.

Also the drum rooms make for a convoluted drum mix if you don't pan the drums the same way as the drum room or ambient clips. I avoided using them.

Overall I have to commend Pablo for his ambitious metal opus, great job!

I like the feel and the tones and all of the voicings, very well chosen.

Thanks a lot for your comments, I think I made some mistakes there, next time I will check those things more accurately.

It do is a hard mix, and I think that is basically due to the fact that didnt use mics or amps on guitars (gtr3 and digitech 2101 studio tube plus gtr amp emulation) but was a little experiment about it, hope to reamp it on a tube amp one day. The tons of drums was becuase I thought it would be fun for others to have more info to choose, I used halion ones, steven slate and maybe some addictive drums, not sure of the last one. Guitar tones are basically overdrive distorsion sound Big Grin

There s another song coming, its called "borradme" (erase me), you can find it on my youtube (search pmartin - borradme).

Have fun and thanks a lot for your comments Big Grin

[/quote]

Thanks a lot for your comments, I think I made some mistakes there, next time I will check those things more accurately.

There s another song coming, its called "borradme" (erase me), you can find it on my youtube (search pmartin - borradme).

Have fun and thanks a lot for your comments Big Grin

[/quote] Hey Pablo, I wouldn't worry too much about my commits given that I am an amateur audio engineer. I look forward to your new material and hope to take a stab at mixing it. I wish you all the best! Cheers.

My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
It´s ok, i think they were very interesting,actually as soon as i have some time i will check it.this was the first song recorded on my studio so every detail must be attended.

forgot to mention to support these guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXAXhdoO03c the first band recorded 100% in my studio, hopefully some of their songs will be here soon, need to talk to them Wink hope you like it, there is a big difference wit real instruments!
(15-04-2016, 02:58 AM)Pmartin Wrote: It´s ok, i think they were very interesting,actually as soon as i have some time i will check it.this was the first song recorded on my studio so every detail must be attended.

forgot to mention to support these guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXAXhdoO03c the first band recorded 100% in my studio, hopefully some of their songs will be here soon, need to talk to them Wink hope you like it, there is a big difference wit real instruments!

Excellent job on the drums and overall! You've definitely have talent for this engineering stuff.

Cheers.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1