Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell me The Truth about this
Well, this was an odd song, very different from what I listening to normally, but I always end up enjoying most of the songs I mix. And the same for this one. Hop You'll enjoy my work.

/Cassandra

.mp3    TheTruth.mp3 --  (Download: 6.82 MB)

(29-12-2015, 04:59 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Well, this was an odd song, very different from what I listening to normally, but I always end up enjoying most of the songs I mix. And the same for this one. Hop You'll enjoy my work.

/Cassandra

I really dig the distorted gtr and your POV of this mix.

With mostly stereo tracks its easy to over look the spatial environment of a mix.

I listened with headphones and I could clearly see your arrangement but when listening through monitors you vocals and other instruments didn't have good separation and were disembodied from the mix.

Other than that the climax towards the end of the song ("you lied" part)
is lacking power and tension that it was intended to be.

I think a little more body to the mix and maybe a little less 10k Im sure you pushed the 7 to 10k region to add more air but whenever you add to something, something else will suffer respectively good bad or indifferent.

Overall I this is a pretty decent start. BTW take my opinion with a grain of salt because Im still in a vacuum learning.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1