Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Hour You Are the One Mix by Draper
So, as the title said, I mixed this in an hour on Harrison Mix Bus 3. I like my feel, and I cleaned up some of the hiss.

What do you guys think?

Draper

.mp3    session.mp3 --  (Download: 13.81 MB)

Hi Loweche
Payback time :-) just kidding, nice mix. Only thing I don't like is the sound of the Kick and snare.
But no big problem. I've just listen to my mix for a whole day so it's hard to hear another mix after.

/C
Hi Draper ,I like your mix Good job especially for only an hour .
The drums especially the kick and snare sound a touch wide,Probably a personal taste thing ,Not sure if the overheads could come down a touch or just filter out some low frequencies of the kick and snare in the overheads .
A little more time on this mix and you have nailed it.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

For me listening with cans, theres an over emphasis of the hihat and cymbals which as Don suggested probably just requires the fader to be pulled down a smidge. The kick is sounding a little boxy for me but thats a personal thing and it's definitely a period correct sound as is. Well done on a nice retro sounding mix.
Dave.
A one hour mix is a great exercise... I've found it forces the mixer to focus on what really matters. It's so easy to get stuck thinking and stop feeling.

For this mix in particular, I feel like a bit more preparation might yield a better result. Specifically, I mean cleaning the tracks up individually so you can shape/enhance them before you start balancing. Personally I find it more productive to tailor the individual sounds to my taste before roughing in my first balance rather than trying to make things sound how I like and balance them at the same time.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!