Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Speak Softly BrokenMan
Hello to all!!! This and 'my version of the mix. Thank you for your time and valuable opinions that each of you brings to this beautiful site .. Good Music to all .
Smile Apple Software
MacBookPro 2,53 Ghz 8 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
M-Audio MobilPre
Protools MP9
Monitors M-AUDIO BX5a
mix In-The-Box (ITB)

.mp3    Speak SoftlyBrokenMan.mp3 --  (Download: 9.45 MB)

Hi i think the lead vocal is too high in this mix and it is lacking a chrisp bottom end that this song needs,
i cant put my finger on where the problem is i think it could be that the kick needs more depth.
The piano can also add some nice depth to this track too so maybe have a play around with that
to give it a bit more clump in the mix,you could also play with some reverbs too.
Also i think all the procussion parts are taking the lead here a bit much that is why
the bottom end a piano are having a struggle to impact.
Just my opinion.
thanks
takka360
I am glad to read your opinion and your advice. very important to deal with the ideas of so many experienced people. I will follow your advice. Try new roads is challenging.
Smile
I respectfully disagree with the earlier assessment. The vocal is forward and fine on verses and choruses. I don't know about the "lacking a chrisp bottom"..that might be true :-) I'm listening on Sennheiser headphones, so our monitoring equipment could be different enough to create a different, too?

I like the dynamism in your mix: things come out now and then, the air clears, then fills back up, etc. Sounds nice.