Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOAL : at least one reply :)))
My mix of this song

.mp3    turkuaz ttttc.mp3 --  (Download: 11.44 MB)

Very sweet mix, man. Sounds like a live concert.
There's quite a bit of slap in the guitar which I don't enjoy that much.
The kick is too aggressive IMO, I'm listening to the relationship vocal / kick / bass
(23-12-2015, 02:49 PM)pmilani Wrote: Very sweet mix, man. Sounds like a live concert.
There's quite a bit of slap in the guitar which I don't enjoy that much.
The kick is too aggressive IMO, I'm listening to the relationship vocal / kick / bass

Thank you for the suggests, i'm totally agree about the kick, probably few db less everywhere but the chorus...I don't understand what you mean for "slap", too much attack ? My english is not so fine Smile. Anyway, after 8 mixes, i achieved my goal Smile) thank you !
I think pmilani was talking about a slap back sound from your delay or reverb on it.

I actually like where the kick is. I think your snare could get some more body (some lower mids) but I don't dislike the tone as it is, maybe just bring it up a little bit. I do think you might have EQ'd you horns a little bit too much for my taste. Or maybe your overall reverb is too bright. Try EQing the reverb track so that it is a little darker. That might take care of what I'm hearing.

Also, maybe try bringing the overall reverb down in the track, and you'll notice a bit more focus.

It's a really nice mix, but I think a little more time spent could make this mix really pop!

Thanks for sharing!

Draper
Thanks ! I really appreciate the suggests and i will do everything you say as soon as possible. For me it's a great goal (someone that say that it is a good mix, not the first answer Big Grin ) because i worked in recording studios for only an year, twenty years ago, my last recorder was an Adat and the automation of the console was only on the faders, after that worked only in broadcast. I've tried with these multitrack files, a Macbook pro with a just learned Adobe Audition , a focusrite 2i2 and two old genelec 1029 in a very bad position: i only trust in my ears, my headphones and my old remember and experience. Thanks again !
(22-12-2015, 07:00 PM)Massinati Wrote: My mix of this song

----------------------

You mix is great....nice live sound (I went for a different approach...tried to make mine sound more like a "studio" mix).....love the kick. I'm a kick lover. The kick and snare sound great to me, as is! Nice!!!!

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek