Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am Contra,Heart Peripheral
This is my final song iam mixing for 2015,wishing you all a happy christmas and new year,all reviews are welcomed.Smile

.mp3    AM Contra, Heart Peripheral.mp3 --  (Download: 7.92 MB)

I like what you did the pluck and the main synth. Kind of threw me for a loop at first when I heard it. Also, I really like the emphasis of the drum loops in general. Nice detail in them. Though I'm not a big fan of the vocals here. They're just way too tiny sounding. Also, the chorus just doesn't have that certain "pop" to it. In general I like a lot of what you did in regards to the effects and the tonality of most of the things, but feel that the mix is lacking "pop". You really do have some brilliant little FX in there at times too.
Thanks APZX.
Hi!
Nice one, but you have to work on the volume and frequency balance a bit. The mix seems to be muddy (too much low mids masking each other) especially when it comes to the chorus. I miss a bit of clarity on the sides and the vocals (~10-15 kHz). Also there is too much bass, I would compress a the low end a bit and lower the kick drum a dB.
Unfortunately the vocals are buried too much in the mix and they are masked by each other at the end of the song. Make some space for them and add some clarity in the top end.
Also I cannot hear the hihat (quite honestly it's hard to tell if there is a hihat in this song).
I personally think that the kick should dominate the low end, pads dominate the mids, vocals sit nicely in the high mids and hihat should be on top of it all.
Finally I miss a ton of automation I would add here. The song sounds boring because it has quite a predictable structure of arrangement but also lacks a lot of volume automation especially on the end chorus with doesn't pop enough. Also consider automating pan, width, delay and reverb effect to make the chorus more interesting.
Furthermore try making the bridge a bit smaller (mono on drums, some more drastically cuts on the frequency edges) because it doesn't lead to a pop at the end of the song.

All i all - a lot of work, bit a lot of experience in exchange!

Tested on: Yamaha HS7, Behinger Behritone C50A (Single mono), Microlab FC330, Brainvawz HM5 in a fully adapted acoustic room Smile
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio