Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessica Childress Slow Down (M&F)
Hi, thanks to this great community for providing these multi tracks and the established members posting great mixes (that I've listened to in this and other threads). This is a well recorded song, so I am posting my mix and finalization of it. Just set up a Raven MTX system and appreciate access to the material!

Source file for reference, right click and "Save File As" (please use BitPerfect from the Mac App Store for iTunes for Mac for bit-to-bit intended playback).

(added the non-finalized mix-only pass version for reference.)

2020 (almost) 5 years later mix... this song was the first I tried on CMT when I was getting back into mixing from a 18 year hiatus.. it took me 3 days back in 2015 to make the version above, today, this was my 3rd mix of the day and I worked on this 2020 redux for 30 mins: https://digitaldruglord.s3.amazonaws.com...w+Down.wav 

.mp3    Slow Down XQR_b.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

.m4a    Slow Down XQR no mastering.m4a --  (Download: 2.89 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
This was the first song I did in this community about 3 years ago when I was first getting back into mixing/mastering.

Here is my status 3 years later, now fully investing into having fully engaged my mix/mastering endeavors. I will be revisiting some of my older posts with current day updates. Thanks again to Mike for providing this great community.

16-bit 44.1 WAV
https://s3.amazonaws.com/digitaldruglord/JC+-+2018.wav
Hi Ddl latest mix sounds much better,warmer and softer well done,iam working on this one at the moment between working long hours lol.
Reaper user
(26-10-2018, 05:01 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Ddl latest mix sounds much better,warmer and softer well done,iam working on this one at the moment between working long hours lol.

Thanks.. I had to learn that sometimes, you have to support the natural character of a tune with a minimal processing, especially a live recording.
2020 "5 years later" WAV link mix added to top post.
(27-04-2020, 05:47 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: 2020 "5 years later" WAV link mix added to top post.
Hey there,

definitely an improvement from 5 years ago.
Great clarity between all the parts, overall frequency balance is also good.
Stereo-balance seems a bit off though, the piano is further from the center then the guitar. Levels work as they are, although a bit more of the main vocal could not hurt.

Overall a very decent mix but with a little to much reverb for me personally.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel