Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raft Monk Ruff Genral Mix
This is the type of sound im going for i want it to very powerfull and almost orchestral sounding as if they're playing in the middle of a huge mountain a lot
of stereo imaging and delay and reverb was used i think for the final mix ill turn down the intestity of this mix a bit because it's a bit overpowering for the listener

.mp3    Raft Monk Ruff Mix General Sound.mp3 --  (Download: 8.16 MB)

.mp3    Raft Monk Full Ruff Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

.mp3    FULL MIX TAMED DOWN.mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

Hi there. Well, starting with your acoustic guitars, are too bright and too loud at the beggining wich ends up with a messy everything...altought at the end are really low...as well as everything else but the strings and the drums.

On the other hand the electric guitars are very weak, almost non existent. What happend at 2:17 with the fade in guitars? Muting or cutting them just like that sounds really weird....u screwed up there :S

On the drums the kick drums is quite weak and the drum sound very dry. Also louder than everything else, i've had that problem myself too but tried to fix it...urs are still too loud aaand...where are the toms?? You forgot to put them on the mix Tongue

So overall ur mix is just drums and strings. I dont see that much stereo imaging, reverb, delay...The voice is also pretty dry and still a bit muddy to my taste.

I'd say that there's a lot yet to improve on this mix. I hope u kept working on this giving it another twist, i would really like to listen that huge mountain-orchestral sounding that u say Smile

Cheers.
(25-02-2016, 11:17 AM)Ak3r Wrote: Hi there. Well, starting with your acoustic guitars, are too bright and too loud at the beggining wich ends up with a messy everything...altought at the end are really low...as well as everything else but the strings and the drums.

On the other hand the electric guitars are very weak, almost non existent. What happend at 2:17 with the fade in guitars? Muting or cutting them just like that sounds really weird....u screwed up there :S

On the drums the kick drums is quite weak and the drum sound very dry. Also louder than everything else, i've had that problem myself too but tried to fix it...urs are still too loud aaand...where are the toms?? You forgot to put them on the mix Tongue

So overall ur mix is just drums and strings. I dont see that much stereo imaging, reverb, delay...The voice is also pretty dry and still a bit muddy to my taste.

I'd say that there's a lot yet to improve on this mix. I hope u kept working on this giving it another twist, i would really like to listen that huge mountain-orchestral sounding that u say Smile

Cheers.
Sorry bro but please shut up I honestly don't understand any of your points did you even listen to the song? You would notice the strings have a rotary effect on the right channel and left there's some reverb in addition vocals are purposely out of phase in the left and right channel the left channel also has delay on the vocals and right has reverb with a very short reverb acting almost as a delay I will admit that the track isn't really finished I got a bit lazy pulling it all together but I think overall it's a solid mix I mean have you compared it to the original mix?
Ok "bro"...

First. If you dont want to listen to people's opinion dont post here, if u do people are gonna say what they think.

Second.Yes, there's all that that u say, does it work. Nope, not at all. I've listened to the original mix, still make much more sense than yours.

I wont say anything more as you are not interested in anything else than people kissing your ass it seems...No wonder why your mix didnt have any replies...It's worthless with people that doesnt want an opinion. Good luck with ur head stuck in ur butt :*
(25-02-2016, 04:24 PM)Ak3r Wrote: Ok "bro"...

First. If you dont want to listen to people's opinion dont post here, if u do people are gonna say what they think.

Second.Yes, there's all that that u say, does it work. Nope, not at all. I've listened to the original mix, still make much more sense than yours.

I wont say anything more as you are not interested in anything else than people kissing your ass it seems...No wonder why your mix didnt have any replies...It's worthless with people that doesnt want an opinion. Good luck with ur head stuck in ur butt :*

Okay I guess your right but I still think that it does work a bit lol