Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This mix is my Fault
Hi, sorry for my bad subject title, I'm just trying to be funny.
Anyway, Hope someone here will enjoy my mix and master of this song.

I'm sure some parts can be better so please if you find any flaws just shout, I can handle it :-)

/C

Been listening a couple of times now and I'm still satisfied, could be one of my best so far.

Remix uploaded with better drums.

.mp3    ItWasMyFaultForWaiting.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

.mp3    ItWasMyFaultForWaitingRemix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.11 MB)

nice mix cassandra !!! congrats!!
(22-12-2015, 01:40 AM)flyrecords Wrote: nice mix cassandra !!! congrats!!

Thank You very - much Happy to hear that :-)

/C
Nice mix. I think you could use some help with the drums though. The snare sounds really thin and weak and the toms could use some ep help too. You could also try bussing your drums to an aux track and adding some reverb on the whole kit to make it sound a bit more cohesive. When the piano and the solo guitar come in they are a bit overbearing too. They almost completely overtake the vocals in some parts. Lastly you might want to try bussing everything to an aux track and adding just a slight bit of reverb on your whole mix. It can really cement a mix together as it gives the impression that everything was recorded in the same space at the same time. Keep it up though!
(24-01-2016, 11:56 AM)Ohbeejuan Wrote: Nice mix. I think you could use some help with the drums though. The snare sounds really thin and weak and the toms could use some ep help too. You could also try bussing your drums to an aux track and adding some reverb on the whole kit to make it sound a bit more cohesive. When the piano and the solo guitar come in they are a bit overbearing too. They almost completely overtake the vocals in some parts. Lastly you might want to try bussing everything to an aux track and adding just a slight bit of reverb on your whole mix. It can really cement a mix together as it gives the impression that everything was recorded in the same space at the same time. Keep it up though!

Thanks for listening
Made a remix just for you :-) Did some side compressing and eq:ed the snare a bit.
Are the drums more in your taste now ?

/C
Yeah that's a bit better. You could still boost the snare right around 100 Hz to give it some more body. The toms I ended up boosting at right around 90 Hz and 8 kHz and cutting a bit right in the middle to give it a really nice tone that you might want to try too. One last note is maybe just turn the whole thing down just a bit on your mix before the mastering stage. It will give your mix a bit larger dynamic range which is what people actually respond to the most in music. Keep it up though!
Snare? Everything else is good. Smile
Cut the muddy Freq from the snare, somewhere around 4-7k. And boost around 100, and also boost snare around 12k. Smile