Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Hands Lost
Hi guys,

Took a stab at this song today. Please feel free to give me constructive criticism, is my mix completely off?

Thanks/ Adam

.mp3    All Hands Lost-Ambitions mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.22 MB)

(19-12-2015, 01:07 AM)Mahavishnu Wrote: Hi guys,

Took a stab at this song today. Please feel free to give me constructive criticism, is my mix completely off?

Thanks/ Adam

It's really good there's good separation and balance. I would probably try to add some definition in the guitars in the mids and not sample the drums because this song is fine without it that's just my opinion
(17-01-2016, 04:22 PM)andrew0v Wrote:
(19-12-2015, 01:07 AM)Mahavishnu Wrote: Hi guys,

Thanks/ Adam

It's really good there's good separation and balance. I would probably try to add some definition in the guitars in the mids and not sample the drums because this song is fine without it that's just my opinion

Thank you for your reply! I agree that I may have cut a bit too much around 3-4 K on the guitars, I just hate those frequencies lol. Also, I have a habit of just turning to samples, thank you again.
Hi Andrew,
I get the sound you where going for on the kick as it was the big 80's thing live but that was done by a blend of having a mic by the hammer skin and one just half way out of the front skin hole.

If you blend the sample say 5 to 7 db down plus boost the recorded kick then I think it would be a great sound. Lots of bottom end plus the click.
Hope this helps.