Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neon Hornet, Take it off
Hi, every one!
This is my first post Smile
This is my attempt at mixing this multitrack.
Thanks for listening.

.mp3    my mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.9 MB)

I'll be really appreciate if someone will comment on my mix. it is very important for me. Thank you so much!
Just as a bit of info, it's typical in this forum to respond to people's mixes to get comments on yours.

However, I think new users should get feedback on their first mix (just make sure to put your 2 cents on the mixes of others in the future).

It's a clean mix, so good job on that. I feel like the guitars could be a little thicker, try adding an aux track (or just a blank track depending on what DAW you're mixing on) and adding an amp simulator or fuzz effect, and running it in parallel to your main guitar tracks. Try Eqing the parallel tracks a little heavier around 300Hz-600Hz and rolling off some of the highs on your original guitar tracks. They seem to be a little "sizzly"

Your drums have a really nice punch, and your cymbals are definitely detailed, but when crashes are hit, the high end feels like a little too much for me (but I feel like I definitely mixed my mix darker overall). Otherwise, I really like your drums.

I think your vox could come up during the verse, but during prechorus and chorus, I think your levels are good. I like your doubler on your vox, but it does feel just a little distracting. Maybe bring your microshifter (or chorus) down just a hair on your leads. Are you automating your vocal volumes?

Overall, a great start to a solid mix.

Draper
(22-12-2015, 12:28 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Just as a bit of info, it's typical in this forum to respond to people's mixes to get comments on yours.

However, I think new users should get feedback on their first mix (just make sure to put your 2 cents on the mixes of others in the future).

It's a clean mix, so good job on that. I feel like the guitars could be a little thicker, try adding an aux track (or just a blank track depending on what DAW you're mixing on) and adding an amp simulator or fuzz effect, and running it in parallel to your main guitar tracks. Try Eqing the parallel tracks a little heavier around 300Hz-600Hz and rolling off some of the highs on your original guitar tracks. They seem to be a little "sizzly"

Your drums have a really nice punch, and your cymbals are definitely detailed, but when crashes are hit, the high end feels like a little too much for me (but I feel like I definitely mixed my mix darker overall). Otherwise, I really like your drums.

I think your vox could come up during the verse, but during prechorus and chorus, I think your levels are good. I like your doubler on your vox, but it does feel just a little distracting. Maybe bring your microshifter (or chorus) down just a hair on your leads. Are you automating your vocal volumes?

Overall, a great start to a solid mix.

Draper

thank you very much for your reply!!!
I will definitely comment on other people's mixes. Thank you!
Very clean mix, and thanks for reviewing my mix, I feel that your vocals could be brought a bit forward in the mix with some saturation imo, by the way well said Draper,cheers.
(23-12-2015, 03:52 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Very clean mix, and thanks for reviewing my mix, I feel that your vocals could be brought a bit forward in the mix with some saturation imo, by the way well said Draper,cheers.

Thank you very much for comment.
I just downloaded a corrected version
Version 2

.mp3    my mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.9 MB)