Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn on Me mix by Sabre
Hope you enyoy my mix. Tweaked the flute a little bit...just for fun.
Please give me some feedback.

.mp3    BannedFromTheZoo_TurnOnMe_Full_4.mp3 --  (Download: 10.28 MB)

Nobody interested?
Come on people, give it a shot.
Give it a go in this new year.....
Hi Romelow I feel that your mix has too much boxiness and effects and the vocals needs automation to even it out,sorry, keep on at it though, cheers.
What i was considering is lower the delay volume a bit (on voice) I like the bass. The flute needs more reverb. it feels dry. perhaps a delay on it with very low volume would give it a different texture.

Are you compresing the drums? you might want to push it front a bit more and lower the frequency around the ride area.. it gets a lil tiering for my ears. lol just my opinion.
(19-01-2016, 06:39 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Romelow I feel that your mix has too much boxiness and effects and the vocals needs automation to even it out,sorry, keep on at it though, cheers.

Thank you Cudjoe, no need to be sorry, I welcome every feedback I get. The boxiness I find hard to come by, you mean the 300-900 Hz region? The effects is something I'm working on, heard it before.
(20-01-2016, 06:53 AM)Shul Wrote: What i was considering is lower the delay volume a bit (on voice) I like the bass. The flute needs more reverb. it feels dry. perhaps a delay on it with very low volume would give it a different texture.

Are you compresing the drums? you might want to push it front a bit more and lower the frequency around the ride area.. it gets a lil tiering for my ears. lol just my opinion.

Thx Shul for the feedback. I'll try the tip for the flute (adding some reverb).
I compressed the drums indeed, hope your ears are still allright Wink
The phrase I should of used was muddy Smile.