Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And here is mine
Third song I've mixed this weekend. Rainy days are good sometimes :-)
Hope you'll enjoy my mix.

/C

.mp3    NotAlone.mp3 --  (Download: 15.72 MB)

.mp3    NotAloneV2.mp3 --  (Download: 15.72 MB)

I like your mix sounds well balanced , can hear some distortion on the guitars in the intro and the mix maybe due to compression or limiting.
Nice vocal effects jumping out a touch context to the rest of the mix.
Good Job Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I agree with Don, there is definitely some distortion there. I think if you just reduce the overall limiting it would help for sure.
Thank You guys, yes you were absolutely right. I had some distorsion turned on by mistake on the guitar track. I removed it now. Thanks for pointing that out :-) Uploaded a new version, Sounds better now :-)
Thanks for your good comment also Don :-)
/C
Good mix. The reverb on the vocals could be softened a bit to sound more natural.
(14-12-2015, 10:06 PM)parnellij Wrote: Good mix. The reverb on the vocals could be softened a bit to sound more natural.

Thanks, Can agree on that :-)

/C

Nice mix...just a couple of things. I've had that distortion problem before myself and I figured out what causes it. Whatever limiter/s you are using, don't make the release too short....THAT is what causes that. It also creates fluctuations in the lower volume/higher volume parts in the songs that begin to sound unnatural. I thought the lead vocal had too much reverb and the kick was not defined and kind of thin sounding, although don't go by me cause I get a lot of criticism because I tend to make the kick too meaty, beaty and boomy. Those are my heartfelt thoughts and contributions. Hope they were helpful. Lots of folks offer feedback on my mixes and I find it hard to get the time to do the same and so I've got to make time......so little time...so much mixing.... :-) Overall, a nice mix!!

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Thanks Tom, Did you hear distortion in my second mix ? The reason for distortion was little overdrive on the guitartrack only which I forgot to remove.
Much of a taste thing what you mention, I like sharp kicks not fat..not to sharp either haha, Like perfect kicks :-)

Thanks for listening.

/C
(19-12-2015, 12:41 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Thanks Tom, Did you hear distortion in my second mix ? The reason for distortion was little overdrive on the guitartrack only which I forgot to remove.
Much of a taste thing what you mention, I like sharp kicks not fat..not to sharp either haha, Like perfect kicks :-)

Thanks for listening.

/C

Cassandra, yes the 2nd one was better. I was going nuts trying to figure out why that kind of thing was happening to me (seemingly randomly) and it was my settings in my final Limiter....I had the release set to a fast setting and somehow that generated all sorts of weird artifacts. Whew....glad I found out what that was. As far as intentional distortion.....well, we ALL like that! Big Grin

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Haha I hate that kind of thing, knowing the problem but not where it is. Will listen to your mix later :-)

/C