Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Bridges
hey, new guy here. This is my first mix of Burning Bridges let me know what you think. I may need some panning suggestions on the solo section. i had a little fun with a tuner on the end vocals too

.mp3    burning bridges_1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.11 MB)

Surprisingly good. The things I don't like:

- the roomy verb on the main vocals (a reverb just doesn't fit the mood of this song -sorry)
- the very obvious vocal delay on "Control" and "oooonly ooone" in the 1st chorus.
- Overheads (especially the china and the crash in the verse) should be automated down by at least 3db every time the drummer hits them hard
- the annoying fact that almost everybody on this forum thinks that a lame "ooohooohoooh"-choir is more interesting then a dual guitar solo in the second half of the instrumental part Smile IT IS A GUITAR SOLO! TREAT IT LIKE A GUITAR SOLO! Smile

Other then that it is a good mix and better then 90% of the mixes I have heard so far.

ps: love the last scream - how did you do that? It' so good that i want to use it in the real mix. just melodyne/autotune?
Thanks man! that last scream is doubled and i just raised the double a fifth with the cheap avid in tune plugin and sat it under the main.
(02-12-2015, 07:32 PM)sstreet24 Wrote: Thanks man! that last scream is doubled and i just raised the double a fifth with the cheap avid in tune plugin and sat it under the main.

Cool, thx Smile Sounds thicker and smoother that way!