Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils Words - Give me some Feedback pls
Hi there,

just finished the first version of my Mix.
Listen and hopefully enjoy xD

I'd really enjoy to hear ur thoughts about that try.
This is my very first mixing experiment, so im pretty excited about ur arguments.

.mp3    Actions-DevilsWords_MIX3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)

Hiya Jackou

First off, everything is audible, so well done! Smile

However I'm finding the vocals a little too low in the mix compared to the instruments - the tom drums in particular seem to dominate the song in parts - and there is also a lot of low end in the mix, but both these issues could possibly be corrected with the vocals coming up so that they take up more of the listener's attention and balance out the energy in the upper mids of the song.
Maybe also look at bringing the complex tom fills at 0:23 and 1:14 down in level a bit to match the snare (though I'll admit to being a fan of having big tom drums, especially for mixing live gigs) Smile
The guitars could also do with a little bit of cleaning out of the lower side of things - they seem a little muddy.
If you haven't already used a HPF on them, filter out everything below 100Hz to start with. Then go looking around 200 - 300Hz for other areas of nastiness to attenuate with a parametric EQ.

You have a nice, smooth mix going on, so keep at it Smile
Maybe start by raising the vocals as they are the main issue I noticed first and see how the rest of the song responds before you look at my other suggestions.
Good stuff!

Dags

So many songs, so little time!
I would turn down the volume on the tambourine cuz it doesn't blend at that level, a little more compressor in the vocal and hi pas filters in the guitars Smile