Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motherload, My mix (Arctand)
Suggestions and criticism are welcomed Big Grin

Also, great band!

.mp3    Merrygold - Motherload -001.mp3 --  (Download: 9.01 MB)

Polishing turds is not a type of business that you want to frequently do.
(26-11-2015, 12:04 PM)LePalteFish Wrote: Suggestions and criticism are welcomed Big Grin

Also, great band!
Hi LePalteFish,
Nice mix.
You might notice a few clicks at the beginning. If you listen through the individual channels you can find them and eliminate them - a bracelet clicking or something like that.
That's cool what you did during the guitar solo in the middle - playing up the accordion and making it more of a responsive duet. I don't think I've heard anyone else pull that together quite like that.
There is a break at 3:25 and some pops at around 2:49 and 3:45 - maybe a setting you can change in your DAW when rendering out the mix would cure those.
You favored the upright bass as I did. You might find a HPF could tighten that up a bit.
It sounds like you kept some of the original room and maybe added a touch more - tastefully blended. I gave up on the recorded room sound in the tracks early on and changed the stage to a more intimate one - more front row seat than middle of the audience. Just two different approaches - feel free to check it out and compare...
You're right - great band and great song!
Walt