Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ZENO - Signs (( UAD mix ))
ZENO - Signs UAD mix

.mp3    Zeno - Signs (YN Records)).mp3 --  (Download: 9.02 MB)

i really like the warm colour of your mix! it sounds rather smooth with enough of the natural dynamics left. Nice work on the vocals, too (automations and overall sound). For my ears the snare could have some more punch in its bottom area (look around 150-200Hz). Of course thats pretty much a question of taste. Id also turn down the (very) high lead guitar (its pan-ed to the left in your mix) and give one of the deeper power-chord-guitars some more room instead, to have a thinker sound in the chorus. But, once again, thats a question of taste Smile Overall i really like how you mixed the song. sounds nicely balanced!
I like the clarity in this mix. Would echo the comment about the snare being slightly brittle, and the guitar in the breakdown seems a little loud. But very minor points in a good mix overall. Was a pleasure to listen to.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Horosho. But, I cannot hear kick drum. Snare drum sounds great. Kick drum needs to be 6 dB louder.
very nice , the kick & snare needs more beef but overall nice mix!
I would describe the mix as forward, punchy and warm. You did an outstanding job on the drums in particular. The clarity of the mix is excellent as well.

I do not agree about the snare needing to be beefed up. It works with the track and the style. I suggest that maybe what the posters are hearing is a less "processed" sounding drum kit with an obviously "processed" sounding snare sample.

If I had one bone to pick it would be with the vocal. I think it needs some love......FX, verbs, space in general.

For my taste on this track, I liked a more spacious and ambient polished sort of feel.

In the end, it's an excellent mix.
I do DEFINITELY agree that kick needs to be turned up though.