Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm Alright - My First Mix
Hi, this is my first mix from the library. Really enjoyed working on this one. Any comment is welcome.

.mp3    AngelsinAmp_ImAlright.mp3 --  (Download: 3.68 MB)

You have cleaned the tracks very nicely, but it seems to be missing some life. Maybe a little reverb on the snare and some automation for the chorus and the solos should help a lot.

There is also some ringing on the toms thats very noticeable whenever the stoptime comes in.

(23-11-2015, 04:25 AM)thetanks Wrote: You have cleaned the tracks very nicely, but it seems to be missing some life. Maybe a little reverb on the snare and some automation for the chorus and the solos should help a lot.

There is also some ringing on the toms thats very noticeable whenever the stoptime comes in.

Thanks a lot for you comments and advises. I also had the same sensation that overall some life was missing, but couldn't tell why..I'll try to implement your suggestions. Also re-listening to it, I may have set the bass track little too loud.
Hi I think you have a good balance between the instruments but I agree it needs a little bit more excitement, I don't know whether iam referencing it to my mix?, but still sounds good, have a listen to my mix when you can and let me know what you think, cheers.
(24-11-2015, 05:18 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi I think you have a good balance between the instruments but I agree it needs a little bit more excitement, I don't know whether iam referencing it to my mix?, but still sounds good, have a listen to my mix when you can and let me know what you think, cheers.

Thanks Cudjoe, I will, but be advised that I am no expert, just beginning to do mixing.. Blush
Hey don't worry about that just listen to it like a listener and see if you feel the vibes or not, just be honest, that's what this site is all about.
Finally I've found some time to do the fixes. Please let me know what you think now, if I was able to give the good vibrations to it. Smile

.mp3    AngelsinAmp_ImAlright_alt.mp3 --  (Download: 3.58 MB)

Great mix fra3zn I dig it man
IMO only few details stand in the way of nailing it:
- the vocals need some de-essing
- the elec guitar solo phrases is too far behind - rhythms are good
- the strumming acoustic could benefit from a HP there is just a bit too much of the thump in the intro