Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom McKenzie - Directions (Sano mix)
Enjoyed mixing this one.

.mp3    Directions.mp3 --  (Download: 5.23 MB)

Well I feel even better about your compliment and critique on mix of Daisy Daisy having heard your own work Sano. Fantastic mix, very professional, nice panning placements, and has some air without with being washy. Great job, cheers!
Thanks for your positive comments on my mix Vic, much appreciated. Though on listening back to it again I think I probably overdid the levels on the bass !!!
I think the bass is fine,good mix
Your low end sounds good on my PC speakers too. Your overall tone has some nice spaciousness to it as well. Good use of reverbs. Guitars sound a bit bright to me, or maybe their bottom frequencies just need a little more umph. Nice job!
good mix!!! congrats!!
Very nice mix, Sano.

I think the bass is about right, it might be only a tiny bit too loud. I never know with my own mixes if I have the bass sitting right. I think I had the bass too low in my version of this song (I fixed it later for my own benefit)
The 'answer' guitar in the right channel in the section that starts at 2:04 could come up to match the level of the guitar in the left channel.
I'd agree with Dan in that the 'skank' guitar that plays throughout the track is missing a little bit of upper mids or something that makes it sound a bit thin, but overall this mix is very listenable.
Nice job!

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Thanks for all the feedback guys. It's good to hear that the bass is a reasonable level as it something I find tricky to judge sometimes. Listening back I agree the guitar part does sound thin and could use a bit more body.

Nice and clear mix, suits for the mood of the song.

I agree with Dan: Guitar could be little warmer, at least at the beginning when it's alone. If you somehow tame the high frequencies form it, other intsruments with high end could have more room to play, and to get noticed.

I agree with Dags about other guitar in solo, there should be a dialog of equal citizens.