Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindy hip hop band- The opener mix
Hi guys,

Give me some feedback on this mix please. Thank you! Big Grin

.mp3    BigBandMixovan.mp3 --  (Download: 4.82 MB)

Hi!

The stereo image is nice! the instruments are well spread around...

Maybe perform a bit of cleanning on the individual instruments so they would be heard better, this can be a good start for reference:
http://blog.sonicbids.com/the-ultimate-e...instrument

try adding a bit of sparkle - top frequencies for some of the brass instruments, it will give them more presence in the song since they are a bit dull.

Hope that helped,
Yoni.
Check out my music on
soundcloud | mixcloud | facebook
nervbloc
Thanks! Your advice helped a lot! Made some improvements already
(18-11-2015, 03:38 PM)Pavle Savic Wrote: Hi guys,

Give me some feedback on this mix please. Thank you! Big Grin

It sounds very good to my newbie ears. Could you tell how you chose to blend the horns - they seem a lot more coherent than mine and make the mix sound more energetic and solid. t

I think you should give them more balance, and also same type of room, reverb but different amount. you can adjust how we feel that they are far or close by the amount. so you can adjust the melody more close than the others. and here, your mix, the melody doesn't come out !

So, Balance first regarding what's the melody, and how to construct the position between all the instrument though panning, spread, etc. and then give them proper amount of reverb, room effects so that it could be sound more natural not dry.

That's my opinion, no offense at all. just hope that helps you and also please take a listen to my mix of the same song. Thank you ^^
Thanks daniel. This was my first ever mix. To primalmix- i think i physicaly leveled the song by cutting parts and adding gain wherever the instrument was dominant. Ex when the main melody is played be the trumpet, add decibel or two there

Guys i did a mix recently of Turkuaz-Tip toe through the crypto. Find it on the discussion page and rate.