Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nos mix -SleepByTheFire
Cool SongSmile

.mp3    SleepByTheFireFinalMaster.mp3 --  (Download: 7.5 MB)

Hey, solid mix!
That's an interesting effect on the vocals. What's your signal chain there? Did you use parallel compressed distortion? The vocals are pretty gritty, that's nice!
Plus: Nice editing. Love it!
Thanks Wurstdrummer. Awesome work you've done producing this song. Yes I did use parallel distortion My chain for the vocals was as follows

Logic X EQ: Low cut at 118Hz,
peak of +4.5db at 457Hz. Q0.30
hi shelf at 5.7khz. +4.5db. Q0.84

Waves Rvox: compressing up to -13db

Waves PuigTec (Pultec EQP1A): boost 7.5 at 10khz

Waves C4 multiband compressor: 2 bands one at 583hz one at 4.3khz compressing up to 4db

Waves Rdesser

SEND FX:
Logic space designer: smooth vocal hall followed by EQ

Logic space designer: Drum booth two followed by EQ

Waves mophoder: whisper preset.

Logic pitchshift: octavedown

Logic overdrive followed by EQ

For the delays I multed the track delayed it and cut all the parts I didnt want to delay.

Nice work, I didn't have half as many effects on the vocal tracks, haha Big Grin
Keep it up!
Hey, just as an idea. What would it be like if you took the "for me"-parts of the choruses and instead of giving them a straight delay you give them a ping pong left-right-spread with the h-delay? Might be interesting!
I see you like waves plugins Big Grin
Yeah as I moved along it was difficult to keep the vocal present among the guitars and I kept adding and trying different things Its certainly not a standard chain or anything. I like waves but logic plugs are good too( Rvox is a go to). The mophoder is something I found out about recently on youtube. really adds air to vocal. Ping pong would be good I did think about it at some point but got side trackedSmile
Sounds very good to my ears. Material was very challenging but you have solved those problems very nicely. Your drums have a very nice groove. And furthemore you add nice mixing tricks here and there. Well done!
(24-11-2015, 08:49 PM)Olli H Wrote: Sounds very good to my ears. Material was very challenging but you have solved those problems very nicely. Your drums have a very nice groove. And furthemore you add nice mixing tricks here and there. Well done!

Thanks Olli for the feedback.You're right it was a challenge for sureSmile
I like the reverse cymbal effect leading into the choruses!