Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GO GO GO MY MIX
Hello! Cool and difficult song to mix! Any suggestions are welcome! Hope you like it! Smile

.mp3    GO GO GO 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.98 MB)

I like the balances and overall sound. Very live sound. Sounds like I’m listening in the audience. Well done!

I wonder if the room/space is a bit phasey. Or it can be just too many effects at the same time in guitars and keyboards? Or could it be bleed from background vox mics, that’s causing something weird in room (I don’t remember anymore these multitracks.)

One thing that can be just preference issue:
- is the snare/drums too strong or too ”stadium” for this song. As the vox feels quite relaxed and easy going, the overall sound might benefit of ”smaller” and more cosy interpretation.
Hey Olli H! Thanks for your comment I have to say that I don't hear this phase problem that you mentioned but I believe that really the guitar and keys had too many effects fighting each other so I decided to make a little more room for the guitar by letting the keys on the background with less high frequencies and effects. I would appreciate if you tell me if it needs something more or different. Smile

.mp3    GO GO GO 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.98 MB)

I think it's little better now. I'm not sure if it's phase problem or what - I'm just guessing - but still there's a problem that it's a bit difficult to locate those guitars and keyboards in stereo field. It can make a mind little dizzy if they don't have clear place in sound stage. Are they in the middle with strong stereo effects?
Hey Olli H thanks for your patience! You are right I had placed both guitar and keys in the middle with some strong stereo effects. Now I have left the guitar on the center and placed keys on the sides with less effects. I think that now is better. What do you believe?

.mp3    GO GO GO 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.98 MB)

I like it the way it's now!
(22-11-2015, 07:14 AM)Olli H Wrote: I like it the way it's now!

Smile Smile