Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Femmemix
Okay, I think I've done this mix over enough times to finally justify posting it. (Trust me, it's definitely been more than just five.)

Certainly not 100% perfect, but hey, practice makes perfect right?

FerricTDS on everything, Bias for guitar and bass tones, eq'ed everything to taste, just a bit of delay on the vocals and lead guitar for texture,
and BaxterEQ, FerricTDS, and Aradaz Maximizer on the master bus, in that order.

Nothing too fancy, but I feel like it gets the job done well enough.

.mp3    Femme 5.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

Nice!

Little more bass would be nice and the vox, although they sound great don't sit in the mix very well. I can tell that they're were recorded separately.

This is why there are sooo many tutorials for vox, because they are the most challenging to mix.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Hello, try to have the right sound only with your amp sim/cab. EQ after the cab only should be substractive IMO.

For the bass, there's a trick to have a fat low end sound, maybe you already know it :

-Use the DI one and cut everything higher than (less or more) 400 Hz, this track will serve just to fatten and warm your guitars. You'll surely have to attenuate the 70-80Hz zone to leave place for the kick. Adjust the volume with the guitars to have enough low end.
-Then, use the amped track (or a copy of the DI that you run in a bass amp sim), and cut everything lower than 400Hz, and boost frequencies somewhere in the mids, where there's a hole in the guitars (maybe around 500-600Hz). This tracks is for the clarity of the bass.

This way, there's no muddy distorsion in the low, that can be very muddy on bass, but the other frequencies are distorted.
Hope this helps ! Smile