Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions Devils words - Mixed by Frank Jannetta
Hey guys this is my first post , i would love it if u had a listen and gave some feed back !!. keep on mixing ! sorry its only instrumental

I used KRK ROKIT 5

.mp3    Actions Masterd.mp3 --  (Download: 2.98 MB)

i used pro-tools to mix it , with waves plug-ins ,

drums:
i replaced the kick with my own sample i recorded. and did minor eq
the snare i ran through CLA Drums by waves, i then did minor eq to the toms and OH.

i then ran the drums through a drum bus and there I ran the whole kit through the API-2500 Compressor ( i love the way drums sound through that puppy.

Bass:
With the bass, i did minor eq's, then i ran it through a compressor just to smooth some notes out and give it an equal level sound. i then ran it through CLA Bass. with in that plug-in , the bass got a little smoother and gave it a tiny amount of reverb . you cant really hear it in the mix unless u solo the bass. ( i think it sounds nice though, but thats just me). i then ran it through a bass buss, but had no plug-ins on it because it did not need anything more.

Guitars: I didnt doo to much at all with the guitars. I just did some eq to clean it up , then sent it to the guitar bus. There i had done another eq. all i did was boost 2k and 2.5k about 2 db . It was then run through a compressor to try and bring the transients out a little more. The last thing i did with the guitars made all the difference. I used a plug-in called S1-Imager . This made the guitars wider in the stereo spectrum, making it sound a lot bigger. Thats all i did with the guitars

Master Aux track- i did some eq's with GEQmodern eq by waves to clean it all up then an SSL COMP to glue things together, i did not add much compression so i could leave headroom for mastering

IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW HOW I MASTERED IT LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TELL YOU !

Happy Mixing
I'm hearing too much bass for my taste. I would definitely turn the bass guitar down a bit. I like the sound you've gotten on it, I just feel like it's too prominent in the mix.

Other than that the mix sounds very well balanced to my ears. Well done!
(08-12-2015, 12:04 PM)Balderdash Wrote: I'm hearing too much bass for my taste. I would definitely turn the bass guitar down a bit. I like the sound you've gotten on it, I just feel like it's too prominent in the mix.

Other than that the mix sounds very well balanced to my ears. Well done!

Thanks for the feedback, ill go back in and get another mix up!
There is too much low end in the mix, it not just the bass guitar, thats probably because you end up overcompensating when mixing on 5 inch speakers. We have all been there. Just make sure you reference other songs to make sure the overall tonal balance is good. Some of the bass guitar notes are a lot quieter than other notes, not sure why the compression didnt get those, maybe some resonance going on (i hear it in the 3rd pitch of the main chorus riff) or maybe its just because im listening on headphones.

other than that its a great mix, great energy. nice job