Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spektakulatius: Jeden Winter
another difficult mix to deal with. All the bleed made me work hard in order to place instruments how I wanted. Especially the sax sounded like it was a few miles away from the rest of the band, but I think I managed to bring it forward Big Grin

Comments and advice for improvement will be highly appreciated!

.mp3    Spektakulatius - Jeden Winter.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Sounds great to me.
Great work with vox and bass.
The drum treatment gives your mix a special sound.

With a new listen it came to my mind that the space is not coherent at the moment: your piano feels like a retro mono (that’s very fine to me), but when sax comes in, it has quite strong stereo space with it. I think you should either open piano to stereo or narrow the sax to more mono.
Very enjoyable listen. The piano is sounding a little distant and soft for me, separating it to much from the vocal. Maybe some extra presence just to bring it onto the same stage. Just a suggestion. Nice work regardless.
thank you for your comments guys! here's a second version with a "more mono" sax and I've also given the piano a little bit of more attack to bring it slightly forward... but not too much though... I still like it better to be a little bit distant. It's just a matter of taste I believe Smile

.mp3    Spektakulatius - Jeden Winter(2).mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Is the piano completely in mono? its just sounds like it would benefit from being wider somehow maybe you didn't put it in stereo? vocal sounds great but the whole mix does sound very distant maybe thats just the recording though. Sax is great though! Please check my mix out if you get the time, cheers