Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milk Cow Blues - mixed on a live console
This site is a great resource. I am trying to get familiar with my new digital mixer (a Yamaha TF1) and have downloaded some of the raw multitrack wav files basically to use as a learning aid.

Attached is my mix of "Milk Cow Blues". I used my DAW (Cubase) to feed the 11 tracks to the outboard mixer over a USB interface. All processing was then done on the board itself, with the LR Stereo outs recorded to an attached USB HDD as a wav file. (Then converted from wav to MP3 using Cubase)

I used headphones when mixing, but a more realistic simulation of live mixing would be to use PA speakers at concert volume. Will try that when there is nobody home to annoy except the cat :).

When comparing my mix to others that have been posted here, I realized that I buried the drums and bass deeper in the mix than most people do. I think this is because I play acoustic folk music, and tend to give priority to melody instruments and put drums, bass and rhythm instruments into more of a supporting background role. Maybe not the right approach for a "country blues" type of song such as this one.. not sure, but would welcome opinions on that.

.mp3    Milk Cow Blues mix LR MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.01 MB)