Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May - Hold On You
Headphone mix

.mp3    James May - Hold On You.mp3 --  (Download: 7.73 MB)

Wow, listening on my own headphones this sounds really fantastic. Nice and straightforward, but everything just sits in its place well and grooves along Smile

In the second chorus, it sounds like there's some reverb being added to the snare? It jumped out at me a little bit when I heard it.
(04-11-2015, 10:48 PM)ridcullylives Wrote: Wow, listening on my own headphones this sounds really fantastic. Nice and straightforward, but everything just sits in its place well and grooves along Smile

In the second chorus, it sounds like there's some reverb being added to the snare? It jumped out at me a little bit when I heard it.

Thanks for your comment!
There is volume automation on snare track just for those few hits, but i forgot to automate OH track, so the balance is changed.
How do you approach those excited drum hits?
Hello and good evening,

here is a Mix I did few days ago. Enjoy listening, love to get some feedback and sharing, too.

In respect

culttree-records

.mp3    James_May.mp3 --  (Download: 4.66 MB)

(05-11-2015, 08:09 PM)culttree-records Wrote: Hello and good evening,

here is a Mix I did few days ago. Enjoy listening, love to get some feedback and sharing, too.

In respect

culttree-records

Guitars,bass and drums sounds very good in the middle.I think James's vocal is the most important element in this song and deserves place in the middle too.On the left with Haas it sounds detached from the rest of the instruments.
That is my humble opinion Smile