Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JAmes May Hold on you
My first mix. Comments, suggestions, and violent reactions are welcome.
cheers!

.mp3    hold on you.mp3 --  (Download: 3.13 MB)

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THIS F******* SONG HOW DARE YOU VIOLENT REACTION SFASLBig GrinFKJASDALSD

(kidding)

Really nice for your first mix! The overall balance is pretty good, and you've really made it your own. My comments:

-The leslie effect on the slide guitar is a bold choice, but to me it takes away from the acoustic character of the song a bit. I also find the speed of the wibbly-wobblyness of it is a bit distracting from the vocals...like a flashing light in the corner when you're trying to look straight ahead.
-To me having the rhythm guitars both panned L makes it sound a bit heavy on the L ear, especially since it sounds like there's a fair amount of low end left in there. Maybe hi-passing the tracks a bit more tightly could help with that.
-The compression on the rhythm guitar tracks sounds like it's hitting a bit hard in the choruses, and you're losing some punch.
-The chorus effect on the lead vox works with the vibe you've gone for with the leslie slide guitar. As a matter of personal preference, it's not really doing it for me, but we are allowed to have different opinions:
-The snare is overpowering the rest of the drums and the vocals a bit in the choruses, I find. It could maybe come down or have a bit more compression on it?

Thanks!