Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Hold on you mix by me (2nd attempt)
Thanks for listening and comment

.mp3    Hold On You Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.86 MB)

I just saw this rated as one star... I mean it's not the best mix I've ever heard but rather than giving 1 star give some criticism!

I think its a good mix.

Everything Im about to say is all opinion, mixing is a very artistic and individual thing so take this as suggestions and if you want to tell me to shut up, go ahead Smile

Your snare could do with a tad more low end energy, maybe a light/medium boost at somewhere around the 200-250 mark.

Your bass could do with some more prominence, maybe try to squeeze out some of the fundamental tones, as well as the finger sound and perhaps if you like the sound try to go for a mid/low oink (strange term i know) so somewhere between 300-800 depending on your tone preference. That will give it some prominence in the mix.

Something you need to think about as well is the use of reverb, as its not too audible. Give the different instruments their own place in the mix and try and capture the attitude of each with your EQ choices and reverb. I myself am an aggressive EQ-er and so I like to really get some harmonic distortion out of different analogue style plugins.

Think about giving that slide guitar a little something. Maybe the Haas technique could give it some life. Just make it tear through the mix a bit more.

I just thought I'd do something rather than rate it 1 star and say nothing!

All the best

Also the mix clips a fair bit, so try and give yourself some headroom if you are struggling with that
Hi,

I totally agree with you. Big Grin Big Grin
i guess , this is the worst mix i did....anyway...
thanks alot bro for giving your feedback...CHeers Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
WIll trying to do better next time....
Mixing is an art, and no one should be downing anyone's paintbrush.. I think there is an intimate character to this mix and I enjoyed it Smile
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.