Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raft Monk,Tiring.2017 mix updated
This one was a little hard for me not knowing were to place the vocals,anyway this is my mix,comments welcomed.

.mp3    Raft Monk,Tiring.mp3 --  (Download: 7.91 MB)

Hi!
Really nice mix. I like the ballance and that you've mixed it with a lot less mud that the track originally had.
Yet there are a few things that could be done to make it even better. First of all there should be more punch and reverb on the snare because uch rich sound just asks for it Smile
Secondly the kick could be a bit louder and cut better through the mix (sidechain compression?)
Thirdly and the most difficult to be done - the overheads (or mabye also the room mics) - i can hear some distortion on the dums high end, yet I'm not sure if it's some bad compression or maybe some frequencies are to exposed or even it could be the mix between the high end of the guitars and the drums (thats my best guess) - hard to say but its quite noticeable in the choruses especially in the left pan. It could be there originally because I've checked the official mix and it's there too. Yet You could try to fix/mask it.
Lastly I personally would promote the strings and guitars a bit more. Now the drums are the most noticeable instrument. Also consider fitting all the instruments better because I believe that there is a lot of masking going on and volume decisions may not be as satisfying as good eq moves.
Check out the mix on the bandcamp page it's maybe not perfect but its a really good point to start Smile

Keep up the great work and cheers!

P.S.: And I vould forget about my favourite: more automation, especially volume! Big Grin
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
Patrick is really giving me some things to think about Smile,I did find this one kinda difficult,still learning Smile.cheers.
2017 mix, all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Raft Monk, Tiring 2017 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.94 MB)

I was,nt happr with mix 2 so i have done a updated mix with a bit more automation and more upfronted vocals, any comments please?

.mp3    Raft Monk, Tiring 2017 mix UPDATED.mp3 --  (Download: 7.88 MB)