Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Love Is Here To Stay Mix
The drums were a challenge on this one. At first I tried to EQ them to bend them to what I wanted but that just didn't work well for me. I ended up doing a lot to the kick - Gate, EQ, Compressor, another compressor, and then a third compressor. It finally had some kick to it. The overheads just have roll off at 100hz. On the drum bus I added a high shelf at around 14k and -12.4db to get rid of some high frequencies that were annoying. I put the drums slightly left in the mix.

The bass was also a bit of a challenge on this one. I ended up processing the DI a fair bit between some pretty severe EQ and then 100hz roll off followed by a couple of compressors to get a level that worked well. I blended that with the bass mic and placed it slightly right in the mix.

The piano and guitar were processed with a little EQ to roll off the low end and then a Fairchild followed by some room reverb.

The vocals have a little bit of de-essing followed by EQ to roll off the low end and then a large concert hall reverb. The other major change that was made to the vocals was to cut out a lot of breathing. I think it works well on the vocals but some might prefer something more dry.

I used the room (toms in the mix) with a multiband compressor/limiter followed by a hall reverb that seems to go on forever. It provides some more ambiance to the mix.

The sax just has EQ, a bit of compression to level it out, and a large concert hall reverb.

The master bus has a multiband limiter on it to keep everything together.

On the track itself I rode the faders through a couple of sections to let certain parts come up a bit in the mix. There's also a fade out at the end and some vocal leveling.

I hope you enjoy the mix.

.mp3    Our Love Is Here To Stay.mp3 --  (Download: 10.84 MB)