Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Matterplay adichim Mix
Really liked the song, tried to make a clean mix

.mp3    Matterplay.mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)

By clean did you mean the nasty hiss throughout the song? Was this intentional? If not cut it out if you can. Otherwise I think it's a good attempt. A few edits here and there and your on the way. Good chorus guitar sound.
(20-10-2015, 08:45 PM)James Cullis Wrote: By clean did you mean the nasty hiss throughout the song? Was this intentional? If not cut it out if you can. Otherwise I think it's a good attempt. A few edits here and there and your on the way. Good chorus guitar sound.

Hey James thanks for listening Big Grin
The hiss must be the tape saturation, i added a lot of it on the drums and guitars to give the mix some colour and weight in the mids.

Anything you would have done differently for this song? or any edits that you can suggest to make this mix better?

For a start try running bass through a Send/Return with an Amp on that track. Secondly the drums need parallel compression to stand out. And lastly the vocals would benifit from a bit of reverb but only a tiny bit. Widen the guitars. And turn down the tape saturation a bit. Try Waves NLS or URS plugins. What one are you using? Take it easy.
James